Sunday 13 May 2012

Photoshop Quick Tips

If you have a point and shoot camera like me (especially if it's an inexpensive one) you'll need this tip for your photos!
This tip is a basic one that everyone in the world of photography knows, and might think boring to put in a post. But about a year or two ago, when I started using Photoshop, this tip was amazing in my eyes so I hope it will help all the new beginners.

So let's start: I was in Paris this weekend (I will soon post the photos) and while we were stuck in traffic, I saw this ad on the back of a bus: a Schweppes ad with Uma Thurman, one of my favourite actresses.
I loved the picture so I took the photo with my camera and thought it was good quality - till I uploaded it to my computer and was surprised at the lack of colour.
The original Photo- taken with my fujifilm A150
So here's what I did to it to make it look just that bit better:

1- Open the image in Photoshop
2-go to Image > adjustments > Brightness/Contrast

you'll see this: 
All you have to do is pull the brightness and contrast to the right, until is looks good. It is best to make the contrast stronger than the brightness.

3- go to Image > adjustments > Hue/Saturation
Pull the saturation to the right to give the picture a splash of colour.
4- Press Layer > Flatten Image
5- (Optional): To bring attention to Uma, I darkened the edge of the image with a photoshop action:
If you don't have this action, there is a way to do it but it would be too long to explain in this post, so you can look it up on internet.


And this is the result:



you can now compare:


So that was it! It was very easy and only needs a couple of seconds but it does all the difference!
I hope this helped some of you, especially if  beginners. For any questions, leave me a comment or send me an email!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Le résultat est superbe ! J'adooore les couleurs et la pub (what did you expect?) :D
    Bisettes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I always enjoy reading them.